We Got Fight, Too!

In my last post, I listed five of the most annoying selfies known to man. Talk about legendary status. Then I realized number 5 on the list had the longest explanation. I guess this is picking up from where I left off.

Here I listed six of the best UFC fights I witnessed/will witness this year… on the tube. You can be sure I also have all of these on my affordable android tablet PC.

ufc-fight
credit: wikipedia


1. Diego Sanchez vs. Gilbert Melendez


This is an absolute barnburner. Sanchez was in his usual tough-as-nails self. Bloodied and all, he endured five long rounds trading kicks and punches with Melendez who was game enough to return the favor. Instead of fighting safe by circling and playing footsies, the highly technical Melendez opted to stand his ground. It was a treat to fight fans the world over. Really, this has got to be one of the best, if not the best, fight ever. Although it was close, I think Melendez took this one convincingly.

2. Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson


With Anderson Silva dethroned, Jon Jones is now the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, and it is well deserved.

And then came Gustafsson. The lanky Swedish relied on his great movement and footwork to confuse the champion, although to a losing but very close result. Jones’s best allies are definitely his size and reach, something he didn’t have against Gustafsson. A lot of fans insist Jones found his match that night and lost, myself included.

I remember the text written on Jones’s walkout shirt: “Not Quite Human.”

He “Gus” so.

3. Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar


A lot of people didn’t give Edgar a chance against the fierce Brazilian champion. Not me. I am convinced that Edgar is the toughest fighter out there. For sure Aldo wasn’t able to execute his game plan perfectly, and I credit this to Edgar’s movement who lost a close fight. I guess that’s what a good boxing base can do. Hats off to both fighters.

4. Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields


To the most ardent Brazilian Jiu-jitsu fans, this is one for the books as both are highly decorated mat wizards. True enough, these two fighters did not disappoint as they went back and forth on the ground, while also showcasing improved standup. On this one, Shields dealt Maia his first loss since dropping down to welterweight.

5. Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva


This has yet to happen, and if we’re lucky enough it pushes through on December, this is gonna be nuts. Silva will surely be on a mission following his unexpected and humiliating loss. Something tells me Weidman is not gonna let that happen.

6. Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler


Another fight that has yet to happen this year. These two technically proficient brawlers (yes, it’s possible!) have been making their way to the top of the welterweight ladder. This is gonna be good and I’m just as stoked as you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Twitter Updates